Saturday 16 May 2009

Of Mice and Men

Good news: I am getting better, even if my GP is still a bit baffled with what is wrong with me.

Bad news: I won't make the Hillingdon GP.

As I mentioned in my last post, I was on course of kick-ass antibiotics that worked well to sort out the flu-like symptoms and the pain in my lungs, but a good deal of tightness and the annoying cough remains. The doctor suspected a viral infection, so that puts be out of athletic action for at least a week or two; which means the Hillingdon GP is pretty much completely out of the question.

What this means is that my plans for the run up to the Smithfield Nocturne are quite thoroughly scuppered. I haven't worked out what I'll be doing in the time I have available, suffice to say that I'll be taking it very easy over the next few days to make sure I have no relapse and that I am at least healthy on the run up to the Smithfield.

Now, where did I leave those vitamins...

No comments: