Wednesday 10 June 2009

Back up and running

Last night after battling traffic for just and hour and 40, and about 5 mins off from Crystal Palace, I got a text from my friend Andrew letting me know the race has been called off. Too much rain, track too treacherous.

I must admit a twinge of relief. It had been bucketing down, and I was dreading Fishermans' in the wet. That said, it also seemed to be drying out and I was keen to race.

To make the best of the evening, as soon as I got home I pulled on my running shoes for my second attempt at running this year. It went well, and my knee felt 100%. I'll keep gradually upping my running mileage; running is great cross training for building cardio fitness and it would be great to hit the end of the year running fit for the XC season (which is only a few months off in reality).

I felt good after the run, but overall I still have this horrid all over tightness that stretching doesn't seem to be helping much. Apart from taking it relatively easy to spin the tightness out of my legs I have a plan that I'll report on once I've tried it. Let's just say it includes a certain Pineapple.

No comments: