Thursday 23 April 2009

I'm in!


I was feeling quite despondent today. After being in touch with the organiser of the Reading Spring Race, it seemed unlikely I'd get a place. This weighed heavily on my spirits; simply put, missing this race for a 3rd time in succession would suck.

So imagine my excitement ... nay, jubilation when I fired up my computer read the email from the organiser confirming my place on the start line for Sunday.

The mind is a strange thing. I was feeling pretty rotten today. Head-coldish, a little tight chested. Generally feeling sorry for myself. I rode home really slowly from Fenchurch today; letting some of the quicker commuters ride away from me while I religiously followed a self imposed heart rate restriction. Not like me at all! But already, after reading the mail, I'm feeling so much better.

But certainly I do have a little bug - nothing more serious than a head-cold I suspect. So I'll be taking it very easy tomorrow and Saturday, but I absolutely can't wait for Sunday. Yesterday my legs felt great and I feel loose and strong, which bodes well!

Onwards to Sunday!

2 comments:

Mik Harewam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mik Harewam said...

Hello. How did it go?