Monday 20 April 2009

Gaining in the shortlist race

I've moved up from 5th to 2nd on the Spring Races reserve list; so all I need is for two more of the 80 listed entrants to bail out to assure myself a place - with a whole week ahead of us, I think I've got a pretty good chance of getting myself a spot on the start line.

Which brings me to my idiotic pulled muscle. I wanted to nip past a lorry that was parked in the filter lane. So I did a cyclocross dismount and shouldered my bike across a section of pavement before hopping back on again. Somehow I got the dismount wrong, and my left calf feels like its been clouted with a hot iron.

That said, the ride back from town felt pretty good tonight, and my legs responded well to accelerations and spinning. The only problem is out of the saddle - where it feels a bit nasty.

Roll on Sunday!

No comments: