Thursday 3 January 2008

Missed Banbury ... but 2008 feels great

2007 ended with a rather sad fizzle. I was sick as a dog with gastric fireworks on Christmas Day, took a few days to recover and after an exploratory ride at the end of the week I realised I was still too knocked down to realistically race the Banbury round of the Oxford Mail XC league.

But 2008 has felt completely different. I was glad to have taken care of myself and recovered from my illness properly; I've felt strong and fast on the bike all week - well the last two days anyway.

More motivation has come from having been asked to run for the club in the Midlands Championship on the 26th with the penultimate Oxford XC race the weekend after. The following month sees the last running race (for me) of the season (the Reading Half Marathon Corporate relay that we intend to win) and the start of the Criterium season with racing at Hillingdon.

2008 feels great.

No comments: