Friday 2 January 2009

Speed catches ...

What would you say is a perfect way to mark the New Year? This year (my darling wife) Tasha did a 10k trail run at Bodmin Moor.

When we got there, I looked at the route map and thought, "hey, the elevations must be in feet" and when we looked across at the "tor" we assumed the run can't be heading up that thing. Was I wrong.

Bang on 11am the group trundled off, and I watched them traverse the valley, and head up the mountain. Eish! At this point I realised that the 1 hour target I'd chatted to Tasha about might have been a bit optimistic. Nevertheless I knew she was having fun, so I dragged my cold body (+ sore knee and Life in the UK study notes) into the warm bowels of the Jamaica Inn.

I wandered back out at around 45 mins past - expecting that most of the fastest runners would already have got in, only to get there in time to witness the first man in. OK. This was clearly a hard run.

Tasha made it in 30 mins later, looking pretty good. By all accounts she had a great time and did a solid run. It was odd for me to sit on the sidelines, but I am very proud indeed.

But I'm now preparing myself for tomorrow. I think my head is where it should be, but my knee is still quite uncomfortable. I'll try to save it all for the finish. Looking forward.

No comments: